Right Hand Drive: Automatic Transmission
Chassis No: DB6/3241/R Engine No. 400/3313
Long Term Ownership 33 years
Correct Matching Numbers
Of all the cars ever produced by Aston Martin, the DB6 is arguably the ultimate development of the David Brown “gentleman’s express” concept of a Grand Touring motor car. The DB6 continued the attractive styling of covered headlamp nose, while the back ended in an aero-efficient “Kamm tail” which featured a small upswept spoiler. The chassis was extended 3.75-inches in order to accommodate for the first time a pair of usable rear seats and the body panels were, as always with an Aston, of hand-formed aluminium. The new DB6 also featured enhanced options to include; power-assisted Girling disc brakes and a limited slip differential. The interior coddled the lucky occupants in the finest Connolly hides and Wilton wool carpet – quite the anomaly when one considers that all this limo luxury travelled zero to 60 miles per hour in under seven seconds and had a top speed of 148 miles per hour!
#3241/R was supplied new on the 10th November 1967 by Rose & Young Ltd, Caterham Surrey to Mr N Jaweather of Footcray, Kent. The last owner, a prominent Italian lawyer & a resident of Rome, kept & enjoyed the Aston as his daily motorcar for over 30 years.
The car was commissioned to be built to the following specification and options, as the car is still presented today.
- Exterior: Dawn Blue (Rolls-Royce Colour Option) we understand one of only 3 cars manufactured to this specification
- Interior: Connolly Grey Hide VM3393.
Borg Warner automatic gearbox, heated rear screen, chromium wire wheels, power operated aerial, three eared spinners, factory fitted power assisted steering & front headrests.
The following restoration works have been completed:
- Bare metal repaint in Dawn Blue
- Complete re-trim in Connolly Grey Hide VM 3393
- New Wilton Carpets in Grey
- New Chromium Wire Wheels
- Comprehensive Mechanical overhaul by marque specialists costing in excess of £80,000.00
The motorcar is presented with the following documentation:
- Factory Build Specification Sheet
- BMIHT Heritage Certificate
- Original Drivers Instruction Hand Book
- Original Road Test Reports
- Factory Brochure
- Contemporary service & restoration invoices from 1983
We are very proud to offer for sale this wonderful Aston Martin DB6 Automatic Coupe, presented in superb restored condition, ready to be used & enjoyed.ENQUIRE NOW